-
March 31st, 2005, 09:47 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
If you don't know what's this G3 about, read this immediately.
?????
Well, so a new Grandia is coming. This is quite important for us, probably the only active Grandia II English-speaking community. (Yes, even though we don't look like it, we are/were a Grandia 2 community!)
We could take one of three paths:
■1■ Ignore Grandia 3, besides what we discuss in the board about it, and stay just as we are now. This has the shortest future of the three.
■2■ Cover Grandia 3 officially, hosting fanfics, fanart, etc. in the Granaboard website archives. I would need a person with mid-level knowledge of HTML to help me take care of this, probably. (Don't be scared by "mid-level", HTML is easy so even "high-level" would be pretty easy.)
■3■ Grandia 3 will have new groups of followers, and it'll be very popular. We could seek to make an early partnership with a Grandia 3 website, letting them take care of the site (G3 information, characters, goodies, etc., as well as fanfics, fanart, and so on) while we offer our board to their fresh members (I would accept one moderator of theirs, but keep the same rules and my responsibility with them).
Personally, I think the third option would be the best. If we can partner with an active group of people that will take care of the site and contents, while we take care of the board (e.g THIS board), we would get a lot of new members, and we would offer a solid base of contents and users for an incipient website and new visitors. This site would take care of Grandia 3, but if they want to do Grandia 2 too I'm willing to cede the Granaboard website as long as the NR-18 contents are kept. The Proto Omega website would still be launched and be our official community website; our partner would have to be more like what the Granaboard website or Melfice's G2 website are.
What do you think? What would you like to do? Please vote in the poll AND post your views. Do you think the third option would be feasible?
BTW, I forgot to say it but of course I won't be doing anything you wouldn't like. In fact I'm not doing options 2 or 3 if just 25% of us oppose (existing members are more important than possible future members!).
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 31, 2005 05:56 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
March 31st, 2005, 09:59 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I voted two, but I say we do both 2 and 3.
-
March 31st, 2005, 10:28 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
I vote 2. We're going through a solid bout of activity now, but i feel we do need a new fresh common ground to talk on. We came to talk about Grandia 2, time has passed and our activity has diminished (but sustained), now lets keep the site alive by covering 3.
-
March 31st, 2005, 10:46 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I decided to go for option two. We are members of a Grandia fansite, (or Proto Omega will be at least). Possibly the only active group at all. It would make sense if we have fanfics and artwork here. But the adult material is now pushing it. 16 years old = lolikon.
That said, she does have breasts, and cute ones at that. To hit, or not to hit. That is the...Yea. Option two.
-
March 31st, 2005, 11:02 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
IRT OCB: If that's so, then Xenogears is an illegal game. It's just not possible to apply strict age laws to drawings because they follow different aesthetics and style. (Admittedly, even in real life you don't get suddenly turned out by a girl that's 18 since 5 seconds ago. It happens progressively and depends on physical development, not exact age.) See how in anime characters tend to look young, and all adults tend to look the same age, until they are older, when they look really old. And besides, their "age" is just arbitrarily decided and you know how games tend to use 17 year olds because it's a clich?. Their real age must be about 6 years old... The game was designed in 1999.
I follow the trend that claims that lolicon and shotacon are incorrectly applied to characters whose defined age is under 18. Age does not matter in drawings; I could draw loli hentai and say "but no, she's 40 years old!". What looks mature is mature and hittable, what looks loli/shota is not.
And I think the hosted hentai contents look perfectly mature.
-
April 1st, 2005, 03:00 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I chose 2 but 3 sounds good also.
-
April 1st, 2005, 05:37 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
-
April 1st, 2005, 06:26 AM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
I Vote for the second option. While it'd be a nice idea to cooperate with other G2-3 fans, and communicate with other sites, it may also lead to losing our freedom in this board. I dunno I'd be afraid to change this awesome community, which is not lacking activity now. That may sound selfish, but I can't help feeling like this. We could still do a G3 section on Granaboard site, that's an awesome idea.
-
April 1st, 2005, 06:29 AM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
I totally agree with Hyper
-
April 1st, 2005, 10:16 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Come to think of it, you never did add a section for Grandia 1. It may make more sense to go for option 3, since this is more of a GII fansite than Grandia.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks